Financial Systems Manager
The Investment Accounting team is responsible for recording transactions and other investment related information as well as preparing reports from this information. The IT specialist will specifically be engaged with control, maintenance and development relating to systems and reporting tools. We are looking for a professional with a combination of IT-skills, process-design improvement capabilities and general accounting knowledge. He/she will gain an in-depth understanding of the private equity business, working procedures and client portfolio accounting system and will work in an international, challenging and highly professional environment where cooperation, productivity and flexibility are valued.
Tasks and responsibilities of the team are:
- Preparing and validating entries for investment related transactions, valuations and other investment-related information that is uploaded into the portfolio accounting system and used for reporting and monitoring investments;
- Controlling the integrity of all information in the accounting system through ongoing review, monthly checks and targeted projects including the accurate application of the valuation policies in the quarterly valuations prepared by the investment teams for direct investments;
- Developing, preparing and analysing monthly and annual financial reports for investors and management;
- Providing support to the investment teams located in the different offices during the deal closing process, and afterwards during the various stages of the investment process, by providing them with financial and other deal related information and analysis, both on a regular as well as an ad-hoc basis;
- Developing and updating policies and procedures to continuously improve investment accounting and business processes throughout the organisation;
- Assisting external auditors in relation to financial and control audits;
The Financial Systems Manager will focus on:
- Lead role in the team and set a strategy for systems improvements
- Optimally using systems and tools to support the accounting and information requirements of both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring efficiency and control of processes;
- Driving different improvement projects within the Investment Accounting Team.
- Developing and performing analysis and reviews to ensure the (system) integrity of information;
- Maintaining and upgrading existing reporting tools and designing and implementing new ones;
- Improving skills of colleagues in using systems;
- University degree in business economics, business administration and/or information sciences;
- Preferably additional training/qualification in accounting and/or systems development;
- Experience in the usage, implementation and maintenance of (accounting) systems preferably in a financial services environment
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Excel (VBA macro development) and one or more accounting systems.
- Preferably experience Access, Crystal reports and SQL.
- Ambition and drive
- Ability to work in and positively contribute to a team
- Self-starter with strong analytical and conceptual skills as well as attention for detail
- Demonstrated skills in (IT-)project management
- Strong communicative skills with demonstrated ability in technical writing, fluency in English
About our client
Our client is one of the largest private equity investment managers in the world with offices in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong. The company has approximately $ 45 billion of assets under management and around 150 employees. We are currently looking for a specialised candidate to join its Investment Accounting team as an IT-specialist.