Senior Financial Analyst
This job contributes to the company's success by supporting, developing and improving the financial processes that enable sound planning and decision-making for the Amsterdam Plant. Facilitates the development of strategic and operating plans. Models and acts in accordance with company's guiding principles. Minimal travel required. 6 months contract initially.
- Leads the development of assigned business unit or department's annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts. Supports the development of financial strategic plans. Establishes timelines, partners with budget owners, manages consolidation and initiates timely reviews of the financial projections to ensure plans are delivered on time and are consistent with overall company plans. Identifies and communicates plans' risks and opportunities. Conducts decision analyses as needed and communicates results.
- Performs due diligence for new initiatives including capital projects. Performs sensitivity and incremental cost/benefit decision analyses. Conducts audits. Builds financial models and provides analytical support for business initiatives and contract negotiations. Identifies, analyses, and communicates trends and issues affecting the business.
- Analyses and provides feedback on monthly financial results and key performance measures. Prepares management reports against forecast, budget and prior year. Provides root cause variance explanations and highlights opportunities and risks. Identifies trends, communicates observations and provides recommendations for cost and margin improvements.
- Provides and explains financial information and guidance effectively to all levels of management. Educates financial/business acumen and ensures adherence to policy.
- Establishes and facilitates process development and performs on-going review of planning and reporting process to evaluate effectiveness and making recommendations for improvements
- Perform audits and analysis of bills of material to ensure accurate product costing. Analyzes and explain any variances.
- Works with operations and planning and logistics teams to ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Analyses any discrepancies.
- Assists, prepares internal and external audits and liaises with emea accounting and accounts payable team to ensure emea manufacturing BV compliance, drive process improvement and accurate results
- Bachelor or master’s degree in finance accounting (CMA)
- 3- 5 years manufacturing financial analysis experience (incl. budgeting, forecasting, planning and financial reporting
- 2 or more years of experience in a role using electronic financial modelling skills (advanced)
- 3 or more years of experience in a role presenting financial analysis and recommendations to a business unit leader
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing (English and Dutch preferred).
- Ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Problem-solving skills & ability to challenge and hold others accountable
- Oracle experience desirable (and other systems)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows-based applications
- Advanced math skills
- Accurate (strong attention to detail)
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment