Senior Finance Manager Manufacturing
The Starbucks Experience begins in the Amsterdam roastery. Here we roast and package coffee and tea plus distribute all additives to our licensees for the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) in a world-class production environment.
Our mission is to create a World Class Manufacturing site, focused on continuous improvement and LEAN manufacturing principles to produce the best quality coffee, improve reliability, and increase our capacity to support our growing business.
About Starbucks Amsterdam Roasting Plant
The manufacturing operations team is responsible for the green coffee processing, roasting, packaging, and shipping of Starbucks coffee for customers in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. The team in the Amsterdam Roasting Plant is the single source in EMEA and responsible to meet the daily shipping schedule.
About the role
The Sr. Finance Manager is part of the EMEA manufacturing management team and contributes to Starbucks’ success by supporting, developing, and improving the financial processes that enable planning and decision-making for the Amsterdam Roasting Plant (ARP) and Milan Roastery Manufacturing Operation. As a Sr. Finance Manager you facilitate the development of strategic and operating plans.
In this role you report directly to the Plant director.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the financials related to raw materials (Green Coffee Logistics and Warehouse, Packaging Materials, etc.) that form part of Coffee COGS;
- Responsible for overseeing the financials of Amsterdam Roasting Plant and Milan Roastery manufacturing operation;
- Establishes and manages performance of service provided by accounting/tax/finance to EMEA Manufacturing BV;
- Supporting allocations between different responsibility units;
- Occasionally travel to the London Support Centre and to the US;
- Manages the FP&A analyst;
- Leads the development of ARP and Milan’s annual operating budget, quarterly and rolling forecasts. Identifies and communicates plans’ risks and opportunities. Conducts decision analyses as needed and communicates results;
- Analyses and provides feedback on monthly financial results and key performance measures. Prepares management reports against forecast, budget and prior year results. Identifies trends, communicates observations and provides recommendations for cost improvements;
- Works with operations and planning & logistics teams to ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in business administration;
- >5 years of experience in a role performing financial analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, planning and financial reporting;
- Experience in Manufacturing environments is required and experience in Logistics is a plus.
- Preferably management accounting qualification (i.e. CIMA< ACCA or equivalent);
- Experience with Oracle/Hyperion/SAP;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a local and remote team;
- Deals effectively with ambiguity, managing multiple priorities and able to lead team through complex changes;
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Continues improvement mindset;
- Ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders successfully.
What can you expect from Starbucks?
In return, we'll offer you a good salary as well as benefits including:
- Two free bags of coffee each week and a 30% partner discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise;
- 10% annual bonus;
- 25 days holiday a year;
- Pension plan (personal contribution is only 1.5%, we pay the rest);
- Life insurance provide a lump sum for your family should the worst happen;
- Bean stock option: share in the financial success of the company through shares of Starbucks stock.
Starbucks Corp.(NASDAQ) engages in the production, marketing, and retailing of specialty coffee in the Americas, CAP and EMEA. The company was founded in 1973 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington State.
Starbucks operates a production location in the Port of Amsterdam. There, the company has run a large coffee roasting facility since 2003. It is the only one outside the United States.