The Corporate Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and SOX compliance, financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation of our client. This position is hands-on and dedicated to ensuring completeness and integrity of the general ledger as well as the financial information provided to management and other stakeholders. The candidate will report to the department head. Qualified candidates must be able to build strong working relationships with other teams.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Accounting and closing process:
- Recording and validating all kinds of transactions and other information in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards (US GAAP, HK GAAP and Dutch GAAP) using the accounting system (PeopleSoft). This includes management and incentive fees as well as compensation, T&E, income and expense accruals and tax calculations.
- Ensuring the availability of adequate supporting documentation.
- Managing month-end and year-end closing of management entities.
- Reconciling the balances of the management entities.
Financial reporting, planning and analysis:
- Preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly financial results of management entities;
- Participating in budget and reforecast process;
Procedures and audits:
- Ensuring execution of processes in accordance with AlpInvest/Carlyle policies andcontrol procedures;
- Facilitating audits (Financial, SOX and ISAE)
- Making recommendations regarding process and efficiency improvements, particularly focussed on systems/tools
- Developing all kinds of reports for the department from the PSFT and OneStream systems and using Excel
- Implementing new processes/tools in cooperation with other teams
- University degree in accounting or finance required (Master’s degree equivalent)5 years’ experience in accounting/reporting required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting standards, preferably US GAAP;
- Experience working in a compliance environment (SOX, ISAE 3402);
- Experience working with Peoplesoft and/or OneStream or other comparable accounting systems, particularly in building reports;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Successfully managed multiple responsibilities under deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch preferable
About The company
In these uncertain times, we are looking for one of the strongest companies in the world. With over $45 billion of assets under management, our client is one of the largest private equity investors globally.