European Accounting & Controls Advisor
Support the International Finance function in achieving/maintaining a robust financial control environment including on-going integrity of financial reporting in compliance with US GAAP and SOX Requirements.
- Organizational alignment: Accounting & Controls International including coordinating projects with international regions, including Shared Service function, for Purchase to Pay and Record to Report
- Financial controls: Realize and maintain a high-quality standard in Financial Compliance (e.g., ICFR/SOX, finance policies, accounting, risk management)
- Project management: Participate/lead in international projects:
- Strategic and future oriented to identify future improvement opportunities in the changing environment
- Influences and supports cross-functional project teams in order to achieve optimal results for the business
- Lead and drive the implementation of financial compliance projects to support integration, which may require IFRS and US GAAP knowledge
- Provides technical expertise and advice to senior/executive management on current and emerging systems trends, practices, opportunities, and risks within area of expertise
- Strong leadership skills as you will be overseeing large, cross-functional projects; Ability to be sparring partner for internal and external specialists (e.g., external accountants) and engage with our network of people in collaborative environment
- Positive attitude and customer focused
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English with the ability to influence and inspire a diverse group of stakeholders at various levels of the organization (including presentation skills) to support leadership in decision making
- Proactive and pragmatic problem-solving and organizational skills to enable adaptability in an ever-changing environment
- Strong professional, knowledge of accounting & accounting processes
- Has spent 5-10 years with big 4 and is currently at Manager level or holds similar experience in a commercial business
- Understands and applies SOX/ICFR, audit and accounting concepts and standards to business needs, ensuring financial and business integrity and regulatory compliance
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Dynamic person who is energized by change
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knows how to get things done through people
- Good at project management and is result driven
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Salary will be around €100k per annum, excluding very good benefits and depending on level of working experience.