Systems Investment Accountant
This company is a leading global private equity firm with more than $35 billion of assets under management and with their head office in Amsterdam. We are currently looking for passionate candidates to join their Private Equity Accounting team, located in Amsterdam-Zuid.
The Investment Accountant will gain an in-depth understanding of the private equity business, client portfolio accounting and related processes and procedures. He or she will work in an international and professional environment in a team where cooperation, output and flexibility are valued.
In this role you will be a key user for queries, developments and improvements of the systems used, including Microsoft Excel.
The team is responsible for:
- Preparing and validating transaction bookings for investments, quarterly investment valuation and other investment-related information that is uploaded into the portfolio accounting system and used for accounting, reporting and monitoring investments;
- Coordinating, monitoring and controlling the integrity of all information in the accounting system through ongoing review, monthly checks and targeted projects including the accurate application of the company’s valuation policies in the quarterly valuations prepared by the investment teams for direct investments;
- Developing, preparing and analyzing monthly and annual financial reports for investors and management;
- Providing support to the investment teams located in the different offices during the deal closing process, and afterwards during the various stages of the investment process, by providing them with financial and other deal related information and analysis, both on a regular as well as an ad-hoc basis;
- Providing information to other internal and external parties;
- Developing and updating policies and procedures to continuously improve investment accounting and business processes throughout the organisation;
- Assisting external auditors in relation to financial and control audits;
- Driving different improvement projects within the Investment Accounting team and participating in projects with a broader organisational reach.
Candidates should possess:
- University/Master degree in Finance or related
- 3-7 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Strong affinity with IT and with Microsoft Excel in particular
- Experience with a system implementation or upgrade is a plus
- Hands on experience with accounting systems
- Good understanding of US GAAP guidelines, including the ability to research specific accounting treatments;
- Result driven combined with ability to work on several tasks and projects at the same time;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work in and positively contribute to a team;
- Self-starter with strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Good communication skills, fluency in English.
About the company
A renowned private equity firm is currently recruiting for an Investment Accountant with strong IT affinity to join their international team based in Amsterdam-Zuid.