The Financial Accounting team is part of Finance and Operations, and reports to the Chief Accounting Officer. The Financial Accounting team is a diverse team of 8 colleagues, responsible for the consolidated financial accounting and reporting of the company and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The team is split in two sub-teams GL Accounting/Controlling and Reporting/Financial Planning & Analysis. It is linked to the Accounts Payable team. The main activities of the Reporting/FP&A sub-team are:
- delivering analyses and reports ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and annually;
- validating information and supporting documentation, originating out of all offices, in accordance with relevant accounting standards (Dutch GAAP, US GAAP, HK GAAP);
- developing and maintaining tools and reports to facilitate the information processing and reporting;
- ensuring systems and tools are supporting the accounting and information requirements, serving as Product Owner for the accounting and reporting systems (Peoplesoft and OneStream) towards the Global IT-organization;
- managing the process of yearly budgets and reforecasts for the management board;
- ensuring efficiency and control of processes in relation to SOX and AIFMD compliance.
The Financial Accounting team works closely with the Investment Accounting team, the Treasury team, the Portfolio & Risk Analysis team and the Legal & Tax team to constantly shape, design and improve the processes and controls wherever needed. The team is result driven and the members work domain oriented. We foster and cherish initiative, creativity and problem-solving capabilities. We have and welcome a diversity of backgrounds since it contributes to the high performance of the team.
The Financial Accounting team is looking for candidates to fill the role of reporting manager, who ensures the completeness and integrity of the financial information and reports provided to the management and other stakeholders. The candidate will be responsible for the financial reporting processes and SOX compliance, quarterly auditing review, budget and forecast preparation of AlpInvest Partners B.V. and its subsidiaries/affiliates. Together with the reporting analyst, the candidate will constantly strengthen the reporting, financial planning and analysis area. The position requires the candidate to be able to work closely with the GL accounting/controlling team and build strong working relationships with other teams as well.
The Manager Reporting will be responsible for coordinating the preparation of financial reports for investors and determining the appropriate accounting policies to be used in different scenarios, including writing disclosures and policy memos.
Financial reporting (30%):
- Manage the reporting for consolidated entities of AlpInvest Partner BV;
- Provide information to internal and external parties;
- Prepare annual financial reports for the management entities.
System/tool development (20%):
- Participate/lead in different improvement projects within the Financial Accounting team and projects with a broader organizational reach
- Constantly improve the reporting methods and processes, taking responsibility for the implementation of tools;
- Product Owner for the People Soft and One Stream systems.
Procedures and audits (10%):
- Ensure execution of processes in accordance with AlpInvest/Carlyle policies and control procedures;
- Develop and update policies and procedures to continuously improve Financial Accounting and business - processes throughout the organization;
- Manage the internal and external financial and control audits (quarterly and annually).
Budget and Forecast (20%):
- Coordinating with the different stakeholders to get input;
- Monitor and analyze the outcome of budget and forecast.
Ad-hoc requests (10%)
- Developing professionals (10%)
- managing two junior Reporting Analysts;
- training staff in reporting.
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant work experience in accounting/reporting, with a focus on system usage and developmen
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership and work independently in a structured way;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team;
- Successfully managed multiple responsibilities under deadlines, demonstrated project management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and English written and oral (communication) skills;
- High level of skill in Microsoft Office, the use of ERP systems and particularly in building reports.
Salary is around €75k +10-15% bonus, depending on working experience.