The Manager Reporting will be responsible for management and control of (accounting) processes and procedures with a specific focus on investor reporting and operates within the Support & Control Sub-Unit. The professional will gain an in-depth understanding of the private equity business, working procedures and client portfolio accounting system and will work in an international, challenging and highly professional environment where cooperation, productivity and flexibility are valued. The Manager Reporting will report to the VP and will take responsibility for managing a senior reporting specialist.
The Manager Reporting will be responsible for coordinating the preparation of financial reports for investors and determining the appropriate accounting policies to be used in different scenarios, including writing disclosures and policy memos.
Coordination of reporting activities (10%):
- Ensure reports and reporting templates, executed by the reporting specialist and system accountants, are up to date.
- Coordinate the audit information requirements internally and with Auditors.
- Manage the financial statement ‘Change Process’, ensure that all teams are aware of what is required from them and when, address issues and new developments.
- Coordinate the preparation and ‘Check Process’: agree clear deadlines with internal stakeholders, ensure agreed deadlines and other required inputs are recorded and updated properly and timely in the planning file, ensure that all deadlines are met. Manage expectations of all parties involved in the process.
- Optimize usage of resources, achieve synergie
Accounting and Reporting (60%):
- Identify and satisfy information/reporting needs of external and internal clients.
- Determine the appropriate accounting policies to be used in different scenarios after consultation with various users on the requirements.
- Write/update notes and disclosures for financial statements based on (new) GAAP rules which require thorough understanding and up to date knowledge of the GAAP rules and changes.
- Prepare / review Transaction Types definitions and accounting policies/business rules and ensure documentation is available and up to date.
- Develop and maintain efficient data feed process for reporting tools and templates, ensure data used is accurate and complete and provided timely.
- Prepare / analyze / review the reports to ensure completeness and integrity of information, showing thorough understanding of the use of information by the end user.
- Execute assigned project tasks:
- Make project planning.
- Engage and manage project resources.
- Monitor and report progress.
- Develop Professionals (10%)
- Provide coaching/training to colleagues in the preparation and review of reports, including the use of the relevant systems:
- Provide development plan for reporting skills of the team.
- Train junior staff on accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage a senior reporting specialist.
- Bachelor / master’s degree in accounting, business economics, business administration and/or information sciences.
- Audit qualification (RA, CA, CPA or equivalent).
- Demonstrable knowledge of and expertise in the areas of audit and accounting/control preferably in financial services environment.
- Fundamental Accounting knowledge and high level of Financial Statement / GAAP knowledge
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in the field of accounting/ controls which 2 years at supervisory level
- Strong critical thinking and conceptual skills
- Ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders and handle large amounts of data, project experience.
- Strong attention for detail, with ability to work on several tasks at the same time.
- Focus on consistency throughout.
- Team player.
- Strong communicative skills with demonstrated ability in technical writing, fluency in English.
- Position-specific Technical Requirements
- Experience in working with accounting systems preferably in a financial service environment.
- Demonstrated skills in project management
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced knowledge)