Senior Financial Accountant
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for performing various reporting controls on the financial analysis & consolidation of the company’s International division. Based upon the corporate reporting calendar ensure timely, reliable, correct and complete (consolidated) actual information using the Group ERP system Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials. This includes worldwide data collection, analysis and the preparation of a reliable information for internal decision making and external publication.
- Managing results
Ensure the assigned reporting processes are organized and executed within the quality standards as defined by SOx.
Responsible to ensure that the Group ERP system is a reliable source of information and that financial and management information is available following the corporate calendar. This enables business partners to continue with planned analysis and planned reporting processes for external and business performance purposes. This involves teamwork, planning, worldwide data & information collection, consolidation, preparation of reports, co-operation with people outside functional area and meetings to agree output. Also, in case of delays, solve issues in time to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
Collect, consolidate and prepare financial information in accordance with the group planning and control cycle in order to ensure that actual, accurate and reliable information for managerial and external reporting purposes is available.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
Provide the designated users/company with regular and ad hoc data / reporting on business performance and all accounting issues and maintain in contact with different stakeholders on relevant accounting and reporting issues. This is to enable action generation and decision making based upon business and financial performance and to ensure external reporting processes can start.
- Establish Business Partner role
Support and provide advice/guidance to Head Office and worldwide reporting units in order to optimize the group consolidation process in accordance with Group Requirements and specific business or company needs.
- Project Involvement
To participate in Group Projects to optimize the Group reporting processes. This is to ensure cost efficiencies leveraging of the ERP system.
- Policies and procedures
Based upon corporate Accounting policies and procedures to provide guidance to worldwide reporting units by preparation of definition and instruction sets. This is to ensure that reporting units report information complete, correct and accurate into the Group ERP system in accordance with Group Requirements. This involves technical accounting and systems knowledge.
- Maintain internal and external relationships
Maintain excellent relationship with other Head Office departments, Reporting units, Business Partner Organisations, Corporate team and external auditors.
- Preferably a university degree in Business Economics or a qualification in accountancy
- At least 3/5 years relevant experience in complex financial reporting environment or Corporate Performance Management area, preferably in an international environment
- Knowledge of external financial reporting requirements (US GAAP) and Management Information requirements
- Understanding of consolidation and elimination processes
- Advanced Excel knowledge and ERP hands on experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teamwork capabilities
- Fluent in English both speaking and writing
- a challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment with development/career opportunities;
- around €75k per annum + bonus and room for growth in this grade
- Vacancy is subject to a pre-employment screening.